23 | Birthday Thoughts + 23 Things I've Learned About Myself
For my 19th, 21st, and 22nd birthday I've shared a post with you all about where I am in my life. So of course, to continue the tradition, I decided to share with you my 23rd birthday thoughts.
It's actually a good thing that my birthday this year falls on a Monday, because that means that this blog post this year can be posted on the day of!
23 is a weird number. Actually, I think between 21 and 25, all the ages in between are weird. Not just the number itself, but also life itself during those times.
Hitting 23 as a college student is even more weird, because most of those around me and in my grade is just starting to hit 21, or at most, 22. But at 23, I feel like I need to get my sh*t together: I need to have life figured out, know what I want to do, how to get there, and what my end goal is. But I've realized that aging another year doesn't mean I get those questions/concerns answered.
Instead, this 23rd, I want to enjoy where I'm at without thinking of the future, of what is typically expected of 23 year olds.
I just want to purely enjoy having my friends within walking distance, going to yoga class, and working on this blog. Yes, I will have to think about the future, but I think I've earned my way to just enjoying my 23rd birthday, no?
23 Things I've Learned About Myself
- I don't like using extreme negative phrases like 'hate'.
- I show my love for others through actions, not words.
- I don't like publicly saying 'I love you' to anyone but my boyfriend.
- I like to have scheduled fun.
- I cannot live day to day - I need to make plans.
- Theres's no way I can ever drink black coffee or expresso.
- I prefer baking to cooking.
- I hate rain, but I prefer rain to snow/ice any day.
- Flowers are actually not that bad.
- My sister is actually the best sister I could ever ask for.
- I love my parents, despite their mean comments.
- I can actually live without my phone and social media unlike some millennials.
- My favorite color is purple, but I cannot wear purple clothes/accessories.
- Gold jewelry doesn't go well with my skin tone.
- Despite my modernistic views, when it comes to marriage, I am super traditionalist.
- I cannot socialize with people for more than a few hours or I will feel extremely exhausted (excluding my bf, and at work).
- I am a shoe and wallet/bag - oholic.
- I like consistency.
- I am flexible when others are more stubborn than me, but when others are more flexible than me I can be extremely stubborn.
- Despite growing up westernized, I still love Chinese/Asian culture, tv shows, and music.
- It takes time for me to be able to trust others fully.
- I don't really like milk chocolate - it's too sweet.
- Being one year older doesn't mean being wiser, it just means you've had more experience.
What are your birthday plans this year?